Incorporated under the Municipal Corporation Taxation Regulation 1986 Section 44(1)
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION OF
ASIAN CENTER FOR DEVELOPMENT
1. The name of the Company is ASIAN CENTER FOR DEVELOPMENT.
2. The registered office of the Company shall be situated in Bangladesh
3. The Company is an association registered at the Sylhet City Corporation under the authority vested in the Municipal Corporation Taxation Regulation of 1986 [Section 44(1)], organized and established for promoting research, training and academic activities with a view to improve economic justice in the society and to enhance the quality of human life. The objects for which the organization is established are any or all of the followings:
i. To promote education and research;
ii. To undertake and sponsor research and training;
iii. To promote policies for sustainable development;
iv. To promote good governance and better functioning. of the markets;
v. To publish books, journals, policy briefs, audio-visual materials, podcasts, radio and TV programs, and other research and educational materials;
vi. To organize seminars, webinars, workshops, symposiums, conferences, meetings, training and other programs;
vii. To monitor socio-economic changes for enlightened policy discourse in Asia.
viii. To establish and maintain contacts and collaborate with other organizations, institutions, bodies, and societies in Bangladesh and abroad;
ix. To acquire resources for running of the organization for realizing the objects of the organization;
x. To arrange for suitable remuneration to any person, firm, association, organization or institutions for services rendered in or about for promotion of the organization;
xi. To help businesses around the Asia with better understanding of the economic, political, social, and environmental conditions
xii. To purchase, take on lease, or allotment or hire or otherwise acquire, erect or adapt movable or immovable properties for the time being and to sell, let out or hire all or any portion of the same as may be thought desirable;
xiii. To enter into any arrangement with the government or any other authorities, local, municipal or other bodies, public or quasi-public bodies that may seem conducive for the objects of ACD both within and outside Bangladesh;
xiv. To recruit, appoint, take on lien, deputation or on contract any employees, consultants, experts for ACD and its programs, and projects or enter into any other agreement in this regard or to discontinue and terminate their services as deemed fit and proper by ACD;
xv. To establish branches or sponsor other institution, organizations in other countries to achieve the objects of ACD;
xvi. To do all such other lawful things as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of the objects and promoting ACD;
xvii. It is hereby declared that the objects as set forth in any of the above sub-clauses shall be separate and independent objects of ACD, except where the context otherwise expressly requires, and shall in no way be limited or restricted by reference to the terms of any of the sub-clauses or by the name of ACD. No such sub-clauses or the objects therein specified or the powers thereby conferred shall be deemed merely subsidiary or auxiliary to the objects mentioned herein above and ACD shall have full powers to exercise all or any of the powers conferred by any part of this clause.
4. Pursuant to the aforesaid objects, the Asian Center for Development, hereafter ACD, may
a) Raise funds and accept contributions, loans or other financial assistance from the Government, private or any other sources and agencies, institutions in Bangladesh and abroad for use in work consistent with the purposes and objects of ACD; provided, however, that the receipt of any such foreign loans or partnership will be subject to rules and regulation o the government of Bangladesh on such terms as may be prescribed by the Government from time to time, excepting that for loans from domestic sources no such approval of the Government will be necessary.
b) Establish pension/provident fund/benevolent fund/group insurance and/or any other fund for the benefit of the employees of ACD and provide other fund for the benefit of the employees of ACD and provide other amenities and facilities to them.
c) Acquire, take-over or accept by way of gift, the assets of any other organizations, bodies or societies with similar objects or undertake and accept the management of any endowment or trust fund set up with similar objects as that of ACD.
d) Prepare and adopt bye-laws, make rules and regulations, codes of practice and rules of business not inconsistent with law or this Memorandum for facilitating the proper functioning and administration of ACD, transaction of its affairs and implementation of the projects and programs sponsored by it.
e) Institute, conduct, defend or compromise legal proceedings by or against ACD or its members or employees in respect of matters affecting ACD.
f) Do all such other acts and things either alone or in conjunction, with other organizations or persons as ACD may consider necessary, incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.
5. All income of ACD shall be utilized towards the promotion of the aims and objects of ACD. ACD shall apply all its profit and other income from its business, activity or from any of its property, however, derived, solely towards the promotion of the objects of ACD as set forth in this Memorandum of Association.
6. The liability of the company is guaranteed by its Executive Director, Dr. A.K. Enamul Haque.
7. In the event of ACD being wound up decision of the Executive Director will be final.
8. The company shall be run by a Board of Directors consisting of the following members.
a. Dr. A.K. Enamul Haque, Executive Director
b. Professor Syed Ferhat Anwar, Director
c. Professor Saleh Uddin, Director